Thursday, November 17, 2016

Socializing



 People with disabilities face many difficulties day to day. Problems with memory, balance, coordination etc. The part I would like to talk about today is socializing. Problems socializing may stem from mental, cognitive, emotional or physical disabilities. Many of these disabilities occur at birth, but there are some that occur much later.
  The first thing that makes it hard  is that people with disabilities have a stigma and people discriminate against them. They are looked down on and are treated as special. It is not fair, but people with disabilities have to deal with it daily.
  I know about the physical part of socializing. It so hard when you try to explain something and the message is not heard/understood. Or others pretend to know what you said. However, I’m sure they’re people with other,  more difficult problems.
                It is hard to be in social places. You get scared and clam up. I think this is definitely the hardest part of my disability. You are always around socialization and I always want to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment