Thursday, May 12, 2016

Pathways



Pathways is the outpatient version of Shepherd Center. It is for those who made it past the intense therapy at Shepherd Center and for those who want more out of therapy. I went there for about 2 years and the therapists helped me out tremendously!!
The only difference between Shepherd Center and Pathways is that they don’t require you to sleep Pathways! Which is very nice because you don’t feel like you’re stuck there! It’s a great sense of independence, being able to live on your own! You start off with day program which is from 9-2. Then they slowly take you out of their program, by giving you fewer hours or less days of therapy.
They taught me numerous things. In physical therapy they showed me how to walk again! In speech therapy they taught me how to talk again and go from eating ground up food to normal food once again! In occupational therapy they did their best to try and make my right arm waken up, but the arm just did not want to budge.
  Pathways benefitted me in terms of my overall well-being and health!  It’s great because it gives you something to do while making some improvements in your body!

No comments:

Post a Comment