Thursday, May 26, 2016

Adderall



    At one point in time, I was prescribed Adderall.  The doctor at Shepherd center prescribed it to me. It was supposed to help out, but it did not. Apparently, it is supposed to help out many brain injured patients. It supposed to help out with attention, concentration and focus which are several areas Brain Injured people find issues.
      I did it for work here, but got it before while I was just looking for a job. The reason why I got it so early, is because I wanted to give it a test run. I had the short acting kind so it made me super happy and wanting to do everything! That lasted for about 3 hours and then I crashed hard. I became super tired and depressed. I know you’re probably thinking try the long acting! I tried both and the long acting did not give me a “high” to start. Instead it made me kind of moody and sullen all day.
         I’m sure Adderall can do great things for many people. In fact, I’m sure some people swear by it! It just absolutely did not work for me and so now I don’t take it. Now I could have tried other drugs. However, different drugs give off weird reactions. I often will lose my balance on some drugs.. I did not want to do that. Walking is hard enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment