Thursday, June 2, 2016

job fairs



   Last year at this time and a couple years before, I attended disability job fairs. They were events for job seekers with disabilities to go and  meet employers. It took me a while to graduate college (about 3 extra years) so I was 25 when I first started going to these job fairs.
  I was nervous about going to the first one because I thought that I would be the oldest one there and I thought that I couldn’t do the majority of tasks they had to offer. I was wrong on both fronts.  This job fair was different than I expected. There were people at the job fair of all ages, not just students. Also there were companies that had all sorts of jobs.
    The reason why I got nothing out of the job fairs was partly my fault. I did not dig hard and get more information. I just assumed that if it was a well-known company then I could not do their work. I was just not patient enough to look at what the job really entails.
So disability job fairs help out a lot of people and they could have helped me if I changed my outlook.  

No comments:

Post a Comment