Wednesday, June 3, 2015

ADLs

So I went to this chiropractor to help improve my walking. I thought it was going great, but I soon realized it was having the opposite effect. Anyways, there was this form that all patients filled out and on it were Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). There were such things like putting on your socks, watching television and reading. So you had to mark if they were easy or hard. I put easy for all of the above. What I did not put easy for was running and climbing stairs. They forgot to mention some things that seem relatively simple but are not able to be completed by myself. Tying shoes and putting up my hair are two of them for right now. So here is what I would like you to do. Next time you are out with your friends, I want you to say "hey guess what!!  I tied my own shoes today." Just wait and see what their reaction is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment