Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Lasik



I have had many surgeries. Tracheotomy, heel-cord release, intracranial pressure monitor and the   Baclofen Pump, just to name several. So my friends and family definitely disapproved of my decision to go in for more surgery. Lasik, I felt would come in handy for driving and long distance vision.“  Lasik? You’ll go blind! Don’t you have enough on your plate” they said. Well I researched it and not one case caused blindness. l still thought twice about it, but I did it. I didn’t go blind, but I had a strange thing happen. I  never had problems reading before, but after a year (within that year my vision was perfect),  I had near sightedness which made it difficult to read .However, long distance was fine! So I went from sometimes using glasses to again sometimes using glasses. Ahhh it was so frustrating! In many cases the sight is fine, but I just want to warn you that something can go wrong.  So please think of whether you would prefer things being blurry when they’re close up or further away because if I had the option to do it again, I’m not sure that I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment