Wednesday, July 22, 2015

ICWP



 I do need extra help with many important and necessary tasks. Driving, cleaning up my room and stretching my affected arm are the most important tasks I need help with. For this reason, I use the Independent Care Waiver Program to get the help I need. To be able to utilize this program you have to be between the ages of 21-64, a Medicaid member and have a severe physical disability. Also, you have to be medically stable, but you may be threatened to be put in a hospital. You have to make sure you obtain the right provider and choose ones that are close to you. I have had not so great experiences in the past and have had to sort through various facilities.
        The ICWP also provides medical supplies, counseling, emergency response, respite, adult day health, home modifications and Alternate Living Services.
         In order to apply for the ICWP, I would suggest calling the Georgia Medical Care Foundation (GMCF) AT 1-800-982-0411 ext.3619. Or ask the hospital that you are using about it. Get  started today!


For more information about the ICWP and other government programs offered here in Georgia, visit the P2P Roadmap to Success at http://roadmap.p2pga.org/index.php/medicaid

No comments:

Post a Comment