Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Lokomat



The Lokomat is an awesome machine at Shepherd Center’s Beyond Therapy. It is one of four similar machines. It enables you to walk with zero gravity, suspended by straps on a treadmill.
The Lokomat is for both Brain and Spinal Cord injury patients. Through correct sequencing and repetition, your brain starts to recognize the pattern.
My brain recognized the pattern when I first got off. Then it slowly  forgot . My guess is that again I did not do the locomat enough. I only did it like once a week I was also too far out from the initial time that the accident took place. I was about 3 years out and the majority of the progress takes place in about a year.
The Lockomat works great for many people. You feel exactly like your walking on a treadmill even if you have no mobility in your legs. It’s a great way to get some cardio while strengthening.


Check it out right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6f_WcoBK5I

No comments:

Post a Comment