Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Voice



     
 
       When I first was injured, the doctor’s performed intubation on me. Intubation is where they insert a small plastic tube into the windpipe. Intubation opened my airways and helped me breathe normally.
          Unfortunately, they had to do it 3 separate times. They told my family that if they did it three times they could damage my vocal cords. Well they put a fairly large gap in my vocal cords. The gap can sort of be closed through speech therapy. However if you have exhausted the benefits of speech therapy you should try medicine.
       So a while back, I tried to see if the doctors would inject resling in the vocal cords. Resling has the opposite effect of Botox. It tightens instead of loosens. So it helps close the gap in the vocal cords. It is supposed to improve your volume. Now I have tried the temporary injection twice, they give you the temporary one first to see if it works, and it does make your voice a tiny bit louder. Now I just have to get the permanent one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment