Thursday, July 14, 2016

Swim

So as a part of my physical therapy regimen, I was told to go swimming.  People informed me that swimming helps with balance and stability while building confidence.

    It seemed to me to be an uncomfortable idea. I would have to hold onto the side of the wall for fear that I would loose my footing. If the water was over my head then I would be in real trouble because I can’t swim anymore!

    However, without risk of falling you can strengthen certain muscle groups. It can also aide in you understanding your body’s mechanisms, which is often lost after the injury. Basically knowing what the body can do. Your best bet would be to get a highly trained therapist to help you move around in the water.

    It is still scary to me to swim, but after researching it some it seems beneficial! Maybe one day I will try it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment