Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Last Tuesday



Last Tuesday, I began an old/new therapy. The therapy program is called Shepherd Pathways and it’s the outpatient Shepherd Center. You go to Shepherd Pathways if you do not feel like you have made enough progress. I have not done in 6-7 years and it helped me out tremendously and hopefully it can help me again!  I’m doing it again to try and help me make some gains.
I’m doing Occupational therapy, where they work on my hand and any at home tasks that I need to accomplish. She is going to work with me and provide strategies for folding clothes with one hand.
The next therapy I have is speech therapy. She works on breath support mostly like holding “ah” sounds. She also would like to improve my rate and volume.
The final therapy I have is physical. She is mainly working on my balance. She gave me a balance test, where I had to stand by myself for two minutes, stand with my feet real close together and with one foot in front of the other.
Not many people know this, but I’m very sick of therapy. I have been doing it off and on for 8 and a half years. It is just getting old! I want to just move on with my life and stop being hurt! Also, being so far out from the injury makes me uncertain if I can really gain anything.

Shepherd Pathways:

Videos/ Articles  about benefits of therapy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0aCJtkDdSE         

No comments:

Post a Comment