Thursday, January 26, 2017

cliff bars



         I was in Alpine Bakery the other day and the manager came up to me and was telling me about the long/late hours he had to work at his job. He said he could not do it without cliff bars and energy drinks. That got me thinking.  I eat cliff bars nearly every day at work and on my way to Shepherd Center. They are a great mid-morning snack because they are filling and taste good. So I decided to research them and here is what I found:
    I found that although they are high in calories they help fuel your muscles and replenish your glycogen! The  carbohydrates, healthy fats and fiber give you an energy boost.

           Cliff bars are created for those who need a quick energy fix. It usually works for me because I don’t usually need more than 6 hours of energy. If you’re just sitting on the couch a cliff bar is probably not the greatest idea. They are normally taken before or after workouts. It also works for me because EVERYTHING is difficult for me. Standing, walking, writing, getting dressed etc.
         So cliff bars are a  great idea for those who want/need to have energy for a short time!
           Nutrition is very important for not only me, but everyone! Now energy is something I definitely need. Unfortunately, I usually resort to  grab and go. So, for energy I might grab a quick container of cold coffee or a bag of chips. After reading I discovered ways of increasing energy may not stem from what you eat.
  Working out is probably the last thing you want to do when you’re tired, but it’s very important. Working out improves the heart, lungs, muscles and it also gives you self- confidence, drinking lots of water and not becoming dehydrated.
      Getting to bad early is extremely important for decreasing fatigue.  If you are feeling that you can’t get enough sleep try short naps.
        So working out, drinking water, and getting enough sleep are just a few ways you can stay awake. Along with the consumption of cliff bars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment