Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Man



          So I met this man through Facebook and he asked me out for coffee. I took a look at our mutual friends before I said yes. I thought it was a bit odd/cool that almost all of them had Traumatic Brain Injuries and I remembered them from Side by Side Brain Injury Clubhouse. This was a program I was in several years’ back that helped me look for work.
                Come to find out that he had a Traumatic Brain Injury when he was 4. He was in a car accident too. He is up and running so you can’t really tell.
   He had worked at both Shepherd Center and Side by Side and must have found me through others that went there. He is 35 too which is the perfect age for me!
 What worries me is that since he had his accident when he was four he has kind-of lived a sheltered life. He did not get to have a “normal” life like I did.
    However, I did not really care about all that. Who am I too judge?  So we had coffee at Starbucks and then I invited him to my church. He brought me to church in his mom’s vehicle which was easier for me to get into instead of his Jeep. We found a lot of similarities with our struggles. So these are all good things and we will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment