Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Meeting



                Several years ago, during my initial time in Beyond Therapy at Shepherd Center, the therapists surprised me with a meeting. Now meetings are usually bad. The therapists will probably tell you that you’ve plateaued, or stopped making progress. A billion thoughts were going through my head. One was we had this kind family member that gave me money, which was placed in a trust fund. I knew that the  money was supposed to be spent on therapy and I did not want to give it back to her.  I also thought that maybe I can do therapy by myself, I knew their specific cues and I walk enough I can do it by myself!
     I have been doing physical therapy for 8 years and it still is beneficial.  I hope this will not always be the case. Turns out the meeting was about their need for me to participate in therapy more regularly in order to make a difference. I breathed a sigh of relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment