Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Business Trip



Several month ago, I was able to go on business trip in Eatonton, Ga. It was a 3 day and 2 night stay in this nice hotel called The Lodge.
It was an amazing experience for me because it was the first time ever, I had the entire hotel room to myself.  Everything inside the room was fully accessible. So I was fine to take a shower and I was on the first floor. I was able to be so independent and not worried about falling.
Even though I’m 29, I often feel like I am 15. It upsets me because my parents STILL have so much input in my life. Right now I still can’t do a lot of things that I want/think I should be able to do on my own. Even though the Lodge was business, it was sort of a relaxing getaway for me. I felt so important saying I was going on a work trip and everyone deserves to feel important!
If you have limited mobility, hotel rooms have altered layouts. Ever since the ADA, Americans with Disability Act, was made into a law, all hotels must be accessible. In fact every public place must contain things to fit everyone’s needs.
They must provide both a walk in shower and a tub with grab bars. Depending on your needs you can select your own. All these rooms should be on the first floor. They also need to make light switches and thermostats lower for wheelchair users.

For more information on the ADA for hotel rooms check out this site:
Or you can check out our roadmap:

No comments:

Post a Comment