Thursday, January 21, 2016

New and improved!



Gary, this kind man from my church, raised $930 for me for physical therapy. Instead of doing the more expensive therapy which costs $100 an hour, I am in the program that costs $75 an hour. They’re basically the same because they’re in the same gym and use similar equipment. They just don’t switch around as much to different equipment during the session. The surgery that I had also allowed me to go back into therapy. They’re just looking for some sort of change that could produce different results. Given that I had this surgery that decreases my tone, they want to start off with balance exercises.  They will eventually move into gait, or walking. They are also looking to get some use of my right arm. So they put my legs in a device, which allows me to only have to operate my arms and I have to tug on weights with that arm.
         
Shepherd Center, the hospital where I do my therapy, is located in Buckhead Georgia off of Peachtree Road. It works with brain and spinal cord injury survivors. It is an amazing place that brings people from a coma to up and walking! I encourage all to look into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment