Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Reading



Since the car wreck,  another thing I struggle with is something that should be very simple. You learned how to do this usually when you were under the age of 5. Reading! It was hard to process the words and give them meaning. It was also hard because I often forgot what I had read at the top of the page or pages earlier.
      While I was in college, my kind father had to read the chapters of my textbooks aloud to me. I’m much better at learning through auditory cues rather than visual.  Also, I did not want to get a tutor. I thought that was too immature.
         Now over the years it has gotten a whole lot faster, but still I find it’s a slower pace because I often get distracted and find that mid page I’m thinking of something else. To be honest, I could have really benefited from a tutor or books on tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment